Have your results stopped? Or maybe you've made some progress, but you aren't where you want to be...
Before you blame the dreaded "plateau", let’s look at the following:
1. Your Diet: It’s human nature to begin to slip on your nutrition after a few weeks of diligence. A small treat here, and a bite of something there, and before you know it you’ve fallen back into old eating habits. If your results have stopped, take the next few weeks to track your nutrition and hold yourself accountable to get back on track.
2. Your Workouts: If your nutrition has stayed on point, perhaps your workouts could be the issue. Are you skipping the final few reps? Have you reduced your overall intensity during workouts? Have you skipped a few sessions in the past few weeks? Before you blame a plateau, take a look at your effort and consistency in the gym. Rededicate yourself.
3. Your Sleep: This is a tough one for so many people, but you need adequate sleep in order to lose fat and develop muscle. Your body needs close to eight hours of sleep (maybe more) each night in order to recover from your workouts and to maintain balanced hormone levels. Getting to bed on time is vitally important to your fitness results.
If you have tackled the three steps above and still don’t see your results moving in the right direction, then move on to these next plateau-busting steps…
4. Track Your Efforts: It’s time to get meticulous with tracking your fitness efforts, from exactly what your workouts consist of, to exactly what and when you eat, and water and sleep. Make it your goal to improve every day. If you’re doing better today than you were yesterday, then your plateau will quickly become a thing of the past.
5. Track Your Results: Simply checking your weight on the scale is not a thorough enough measurement for your progress. Start tracking additional metrics for change. Take your measurements. Have your bodyfat tested. Take pictures of yourself weekly. It’s important to be fully aware of how your body is changing as a whole unit, not just the number on the scale. You may be surprised to find that your body fat has been dropping while your weight has stayed the same.
🤩 And, track and celebrate those "non-scale victories" like better sleep, more energy, looser pants, less cravings, etc.
See me for additional strategies on breaking through your fitness plateau. Together we will get you on a program that will melt fat and expose shape and definition.
Call or email me today to get started.
My next program starts Monday and it's my most successful short term program, the FAT BLASTER!!!
Just $49 early bird rate. Email or text me for details and to secure your spot at the early bird rate!
More details coming this week.