Have your weight loss results stopped?
(Or never got started?)😜
Before you blame your metabolism for that dreaded plateau, let’s take an honest look at the following:
1. Your Diet: It’s human nature to begin to slip on your nutrition after a few weeks of focus and discipline. A small treat here, and a bite of something there, and before you know it you’ve fallen back into old eating habits. 😱 If your results have stopped, take the next few weeks to track your nutrition and stay in your optimal calorie zone to break your plateau. (I can help you figure out that zone, if you like. A caloric deficit is necessary to burn stored body fat, so you'll want to consume less calories than you need.)
2. Your Workouts: If your nutrition has stayed on point, then your workouts could be the issue. Can you increase the frequency, duration or intensity of your workouts? Did you skip a few sessions the last few weeks? Are you prioritizing weight training (at least 3 times per week) rather than cardio? II recommend that.
3. Your Sleep: This is a tough one for so many people, but you must get adequate sleep in order to lose fat and develop muscle. Your body needs close to eight hours of sleep each night in order to recover from your workouts and to maintain balanced hormone levels. Getting to bed at a regular time and getting plenty of rest and recovery is vitally important to your health and fitness results.
💚 If you have dialed in the three steps above and still don’t see the number on your scale moving in the right direction, then move on to these next plateau-busting steps…
4. Track Your Efforts: It’s time to track your fitness efforts, from exactly what your workouts consist of, to exactly what and when you eat in order to improve. If you’re on track MOST of the time, your plateau will quickly become a distant memory.
5. Track Your Results: Checking your weight on the scale is not a thorough enough measurement for your progress. Start tracking additional metrics for change. Take your measurements. Have your bodyfat tested. Take pictures of yourself weekly.😃 It’s important to be aware of how your body is changing as a whole unit, not just the number on the scale. You may be surprised to find that your body fat has been dropping while your weight has stayed the same. You will probably gain a pound or two of muscle as you shed body fat and shrink in size.
6. Acknowledge your "non-scale victories", like having more energy, sleeping better, improved skin, flatter tummy, decreased cravings and all the wonderful improvements that you are experiencing, separate from weight loss.
See me for additional strategies on breaking through your fitness plateau. Together we will discuss a program that will burn fat and give you the shape and definition.
Call or email me today to schedule a complimentary no-obligation consultation. I am excited to help you reach your goals!
Want your very own custom workout and nutrition program?
Get 60% OFF for a limited time with my discount code CHARTER60 on my new platform www.HealthyHabitsFitCoach.com